Friday, November 19, 2010

happy birthday to our big little girl

There is this little girl...

Ok, so maybe now she is a young lady...but she always has been and always will be our little girl.

She is one fantastic person.

Her parents have always been in awe of her.

She is smart.

She is humble.

She is kind.

She has her father's sense of humor and her mother's tenacity.

Her parents have always wondered how they could be blessed with such a fantastic child.

People stop them on the street to ask them if they know how wonderful their daughter is.

They know.

This little girl...their daughter... enriches their lives every day.


Today Julia turns *deep breath* fourteen. She is just as fantastic today as the day we first laid eyes on her.

Half of what I say is meaningless
But I say it just to reach you Julia

Julia, Julia ocean child, calls me
So I sing the song of love, Julia
Julia, seashell eyes, windy smile, calls me
So I sing the song of love, Julia

Her hair of floating sky is shimmering, glimmering
In the sun

When I cannot sing my heart
I can only speak my mind, Julia

So, I sing the song of love, Julia

(A few fitting lyrics from the song that inspired her name.)

It's funny, I think that a lot of children are shaped by their parents. When Julia came into our lives we were young. Don't get me wrong, ready for her...but young. We had no idea what love and sacrifice really was.

With her free spirit and zest for life, she shaped us.
I can only hope that we have taught Julia as much as she has taught us.

Happy Birthday to our big little girl.

Sometimes (Always) it's hard as parents to let go a little.

But when we do (Never)...

I hope that you know we will always be there for you

And...

That we can't wait to watch you soar.

No comments:

Post a Comment